Did you know that New Year’s resolutions started as early as ancient Babylon? At the start of the year, the Babylonians used to resolve to pay off their debts.
On December 31, it’s time to wipe away regrets of the past, charge forward to resolve problems and get ahead.
We’ve harvested some suggestions for resolutions. Here are that struck us as being fresh:
- Treasure your treasures – Ideas for maintaining good relationships with family and friends
- Pep up your habitat – Feng shui ideas for living rooms!
- Wake up to world news – Check it out: Wikipedia has a current news section!
- Enrich your vocabulary – Vocabulary.com has an adaptive learning quiz game
- Raise your profile – Forbes: “How to Network Like a Pro”
- Become more polite – Books by politeness guru Miss Manners a.k.a. Judith Martin
- Learn how to dress with style – Harpers Bazaar – “10 Wardrobe Resolutions to Make in 2018”
- Reinvent yourself – New York Times – “Reinventing Yourself”
And for the career-minded: