Did you know that New Year’s resolutions started as early as ancient Babylon? At the start of the year, the Babylonians used to resolve to pay off their debts.
Tonight it’s time to wipe away regrets of the past, charge forward to resolve problems and get ahead.
I’ve harvested some suggestions for resolutions. Here are that struck me as being fresh:
- Treasure your treasures
- Pep up your habitat
- Wake up to world news
- Enrish your vocabulary
- Raise your profile
- Become more polite
- Learn how to dress with style
- Reinvent yourself
My own list
- Break my sugar addiction! Limit myself to one sweet daily.
- Exercise at least a half hour daily.
- Drink more water.
- Listen more – especially to my partner and give him a long hug daily.
- Read daily.
- Practice a foreign language 5-10 minutes daily on Duolingo.com.
- Write that book.
- Spend some time in nature at least once a week.
And for the career-minded: